This blog post suggests 21 holiday-themed games and activities for the whole family to enjoy, including decorating gingerbread houses, playing holiday-themed charades, and having a festive movie marathon.
The holiday season is a time for bringing families together and making special memories. If you’re looking for fun and festive ways to celebrate the holidays with your loved ones, this blog post is for you!
We’ve compiled a list of 21 holiday games and activities that the whole family will enjoy. From decorating gingerbread houses to playing holiday-themed charades, these activities are sure to add some cheer and joy to your holiday season.
So, gather the family together and try out some of these fun and festive holiday games and activities. Happy holidays!
21 Festive Family Games
- Make gingerbread houses: This classic holiday activity is fun for the whole family. You can either buy a gingerbread house kit or make your own from scratch.
- Have a holiday movie marathon: Snuggle up with blankets and hot cocoa and watch your favorite holiday movies together.
- Play holiday-themed board games: There are plenty of holiday-themed board games to choose from, such as “Elf on the Shelf,” “Jingle All the Way,” and “Santa’s Sleigh.”
- Go ice skating: Whether you have a local rink or just a backyard rink, ice skating is a fun and festive activity for the whole family.
- Have a holiday-themed scavenger hunt: Hide holiday-themed items around your house or neighborhood and have your kids search for them.
- Make holiday crafts: There are plenty of holiday crafts you can do with your kids, such as making ornaments, paper snowflakes, and holiday cards.
- Play holiday-themed charades: Make a list of holiday-themed words and have your family act them out for each other to guess.
- Have a holiday bake-off: Break out the baking supplies and have a friendly competition to see who can make the best holiday treats.
- Go caroling: Gather your family and friends and go caroling around your neighborhood or at a local nursing home.
- Play holiday-themed video games: There are plenty of holiday-themed video games to choose from, such as “Super Mario Maker 2” and “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.”
- Have a holiday dance party: Put on some holiday music and have a dance party with your family.
- Play holiday-themed party games: There are plenty of holiday-themed party games to choose from, such as “Pin the Nose on the Snowman” and “Reindeer Ring Toss.”
- Have a holiday-themed movie night: Invite some friends over and have a holiday-themed movie night, complete with holiday snacks and decorations.
- Play holiday-themed card games: There are plenty of holiday-themed card games to choose from, such as “Holiday Snap” and “Holiday Spoons.”
- Go on a holiday light tour: Take a drive around your neighborhood or a nearby city to look at holiday lights and decorations.
- Have a holiday-themed game night: Break out your favorite board games and have a holiday-themed game night with your family.
- Make holiday-themed snacks: There are plenty of holiday-themed snacks you can make with your kids, such as gingerbread cookies, peppermint bark, and hot chocolate.
- Play holiday-themed minigames: There are plenty of holiday-themed minigames to choose from, such as “Snowball Fight” and “Holiday Pictionary.”
- Have a holiday-themed movie night at the drive-in: Gather your family and friends and head to the drive-in for a holiday-themed movie night.
- Play holiday-themed trivia: Test your holiday knowledge with a round of holiday-themed trivia.
- Go on a holiday hike: Head to a nearby park or nature trail and enjoy the beauty of the holiday season on a scenic hike.
These are just a few of the many Christmas games and activities that you can enjoy with your family. Try them all, or stick with the ones that everyone loves most! The important thing is to have fun and make memories together.