Summer time is for having fun and enjoying the beach if you have one nearby! But sometimes, as parents it can be difficult to figure out what the heck to bring to a beach with you.
You don’t want to over pack, but you also don’t want to forget anything.
To ensure you have everything you need for your perfect day at the beach with your kids, a hot tip I have for you is to pack the day before so you only have to get the kids ready to go – huge time and sanity saver for everyone!
Packing The Beach Bag
To make sure I don’t forget anyone, I like to pack my beach bag in sections.
- Sunscreen For Body And Face
- Big Hair Clip
- Extra Short or Swimsuit Cover Up
- A Book or Magazine (Not that I expect to look through it, but I can hope)
- Beach Umbrella
- Beach Towel
- Beach Chairs
*We like to use the same sunscreen for kids and adults to make things easy.
- Hats For Each Child
- Swim Shorts
- Rash Guard
- Water Shoes
- Extra Clothing For Each Child (Shirt, Underwear, Shorts)
- Extra Bag (for wet clothes) ((I am using our old wet bags from when we cloth diapered for this! So handy))
- Sand Toys
- Sandwich bites to share
- Crackers / Raisings or Trail Mix
- Water For Each Child
In case of injury, I always have a first aid kit in my bag.
- Aloe Vera
- Tylenol / Advil
- Benadryl (For Allergic Reactions)
We like to go out to the beach nice and early when the sun is not as hot and the beach is not as full. This way we can get a good spot for the day! Since we like to leave earlier in the day, I always pack my bag the night before. I have a separate bag for my food that I stick into the fridge for easy grabbing.
If you pack well, this is not a huge list of things to carry. I can carry all of this plus 2 beach chairs when I take my kids to the beach by myself.