Summer time is for having fun and enjoying the beach if you have one nearby! But sometimes, as parents it can be difficult to figure out what the heck to bring to a beach with you.
One of the most important things to consider when planning a beach trip with kids is packing the perfect beach bag. With so many things to bring, it can be overwhelming to decide what to pack and what to leave behind. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to pack the perfect beach bag for kids. We will cover essential items such as sun protection, hydration, and beach gear, as well as additional items to consider packing.
We’ll also share some tips on how to pack your beach bag efficiently so you can have a stress-free day at the beach with your kids. By the end of this article, you’ll be ready to hit the beach with confidence and ensure that your kids have a safe and enjoyable time in the sun.
Packing The Beach Bag
To make sure I don’t forget anyone, I like to pack my beach bag in sections.
- Sunscreen For Body And Face
- Big Hair Clip
- Extra Short or Swimsuit Cover Up
- A Book or Magazine (Not that I expect to look through it, but I can hope)
- Beach Umbrella
- Beach Towel
- Beach Chairs
*We like to use the same sunscreen for kids and adults to make things easy.
- Hats For Each Child
- Swim Shorts
- Rash Guard
- Water Shoes
- Extra Clothing For Each Child (Shirt, Underwear, Shorts)
- Extra Bag (for wet clothes) ((I am using our old wet bags from when we cloth diapered for this! So handy))
- Sand Toys
- Sandwich bites to share
- Crackers / Raisings or Trail Mix
- Water For Each Child
In case of injury, I always have a first aid kit in my bag.
- Aloe Vera
- Tylenol / Advil
- Benadryl (For Allergic Reactions)
Tips for Packing the Beach Bag Efficiently
Packing a beach bag for kids can be a daunting task, especially if you have a lot of items to bring. To make the process easier and more efficient, here are some tips to help you pack your beach bag like a pro:
- Use a large beach bag with compartments: A beach bag with different compartments will help you organize your items and make them easier to find. Consider using a bag with separate pockets for items like sunscreen, snacks, and beach toys.
- Pack items in a logical order: When packing your beach bag, start with the heaviest and bulkiest items at the bottom, then layer lighter items on top. This will help you distribute the weight evenly and prevent items from getting crushed.
- Roll clothes to save space: Rolling clothes instead of folding them will save space in your beach bag and keep them wrinkle-free. It’s also a great way to prevent sand from getting in between the folds.
- Leave room for souvenirs: If you plan on buying souvenirs at the beach, make sure to leave some space in your beach bag. Consider bringing an extra bag or backpack to carry your purchases.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to pack your beach bag efficiently and ensure that you have everything you need for a fun and stress-free day at the beach with your kids.
We like to go out to the beach nice and early when the sun is not as hot and the beach is not as full. This way we can get a good spot for the day! Since we like to leave earlier in the day, I always pack my bag the night before. I have a separate bag for my food that I stick into the fridge for easy grabbing.
If you pack well, this is not a huge list of things to carry. I can carry all of this plus 2 beach chairs when I take my kids to the beach by myself.