As the holiday season approaches, I can feel the excitement in the air. It’s time to start thinking about those festive traditions we love so much, like decorating the tree, baking gingerbread cookies, and of course, reading Christmas books with our little ones.
One thing that always captures the imaginations of children is the story of Santa’s reindeer.
These majestic creatures are an integral part of the Christmas tradition, and there are so many wonderful children’s books that feature them.
That’s why I wanted to share with you some of my favorite reindeer books for kids, including classics and new releases.
Whether you’re looking for a heartwarming tale, a hilarious story, or a craft book to get creative with your little ones, there’s something for everyone on this list.
So let’s get into the spirit of the season and explore the magical world of Santa’s reindeer together!
Favorite Reindeer Books for Kids
As a mom, I love to read books to my kids that not only entertain them but also teach them valuable lessons. That’s why I’ve chosen these favorite reindeer books that feature unique stories and beautiful illustrations, perfect for children of all ages.
- Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett Jan: Brett’s enchanting book tells the story of a young girl named Teeka who learns how to train Santa’s reindeer to fly on Christmas Eve. With stunning illustrations and a heartwarming message about the importance of patience and kindness, this book is a must-read during the holiday season.
- Imogene’s Antlers by David Small This delightful book tells the story of Imogene, a young girl who wakes up one morning with a surprising new accessory – a pair of antlers on her head! The story explores themes of self-acceptance and individuality in a playful and engaging way that children will love.
- The Great Reindeer Rebellion by Lisa Trumbauer In this fun and hilarious story, the reindeer decide they’ve had enough of pulling Santa’s sleigh year after year and go on strike! The book features colorful illustrations and a message about the importance of working together to achieve a common goal.
- The Littlest Elf by Vivian Walsh A cute story that follows the adventures of the young elf Teeka and her quest to save a sick and injured reindeer. The book features great illustrations and an appropriate level of detail for kids of all ages
- The Little Reindeer by Nicola Killen In this beautifully illustrated book, a little girl follows a magical reindeer through the snow-covered forest and discovers a hidden world of holiday wonder. This book is perfect for young readers who love adventure and the magic of Christmas.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Robert L. May A classic tale that’s been beloved by generations, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer tells the story of the little reindeer who saves Christmas with his glowing nose. This book is a great way to introduce young children to this holiday tradition and teach them about the importance of kindness and acceptance.
- The Reindeer Wish by Lori Evert and Per Breiehagen In this sweet story, a young reindeer named Anja dreams of becoming one of Santa’s reindeer and delivering presents on Christmas Eve. With beautiful photographs and a message about the power of determination and friendship, this book is a perfect gift for any young child.
- The Night the Reindeer Came to Play: In this enchanting story, a group of mischievous reindeer visit a young girl’s backyard, leading to a magical adventure filled with friendship, joy, and a touch of holiday wonder.
- Reindeer (A Day in the Life: Polar Animals): This informative book takes young readers on a journey into the world of reindeer, exploring their habits, habitats, and unique adaptations that allow them to thrive in the Arctic region.
- The Littlest Reindeer (Littlest Series): Join the littlest reindeer on an inspiring journey as she discovers her courage, determination, and the power of believing in oneself. This heartwarming tale teaches valuable lessons about resilience and following your dreams.
- How to Catch a Reindeer: In this humorous and cleverly illustrated book, children will giggle as they follow the imaginative traps and schemes devised by the characters, all in their quest to catch a mischievous reindeer.
- Santa’s Lost Reindeer: Embark on a delightful adventure with Santa and his friends as they search for a lost reindeer, encountering challenges and heartwarming moments along the way. This charming tale captures the spirit of Christmas and the importance of teamwork.
- A New Reindeer Friend (Disney Frozen): Join Elsa, Anna, and their friends as they discover a new reindeer friend in this captivating story set in the magical world of Disney’s Frozen. It’s a tale of friendship, loyalty, and the power of acceptance.
- Never Let A Unicorn Meet A Reindeer!: This whimsical and imaginative book tells the story of what happens when a unicorn and a reindeer cross paths. With lively illustrations and playful rhymes, it teaches children about the importance of embracing differences.
- I’m a Reindeer (Little Golden Book): Follow the adventures of a lovable reindeer as he explores his wintry surroundings, encounters other animals, and discovers the true meaning of being a reindeer. This classic Little Golden Book is filled with warmth and charm.
- The Grumpy Reindeer: In this delightful tale, a grumpy reindeer embarks on a journey of self-discovery, learning valuable lessons about kindness, empathy, and the power of a positive attitude. It’s a heartwarming story with an important message.
- The Great Reindeer Rebellion: Get ready for a laugh-out-loud adventure as a group of rebellious reindeer decides to take a break from their duties, causing chaos and hilarity in Santa’s workshop. This humorous tale is filled with festive fun and unexpected surprises.
- The Reindeer Wish: Join a young girl on a magical journey to the Arctic, where she encounters a reindeer and makes a special wish. This enchanting story celebrates the beauty of nature, the power of friendship, and the magic of believing.
- The Reindeer Girl (Winter Journeys): Set in the snowy wilderness, this captivating book follows the journey of a young girl who befriends a reindeer and discovers her own inner strength and resilience. It’s a tale of adventure, courage, and the bond between humans and animals.
- Never Touch a Grumpy Reindeer!: In this interactive and tactile book, children are warned about the perils of touching a grumpy reindeer. With its vibrant illustrations and textured elements, it engages young readers while delivering a humorous message.
Reindeer Coloring and Craft Books for Kids
Looking for a way to keep your little ones busy during the holiday season? These coloring and craft books featuring Santa’s reindeer are a great way to keep them entertained while getting creative.
These coloring and craft books are a great way to start a new holiday tradition with your family, and are sure to provide hours of entertainment and creativity for your young ones.
For younger readers, a Santa coloring book could be a great companion to any Christmas book collection, while older kids might enjoy a fun storybook like “The Reindeer Christmas” by Inc. All Rights. And for a unique holiday activity, consider making reindeer dust with your child using craft supplies and candy canes, just like Teeka did in the story. Whatever your child’s ability or age group, there’s a reindeer book out there that will spark their brain’s creativity and spread holiday cheer.
There are so many great reindeer books for kids that capture the magic and excitement of the holiday season. Whether your child loves adventure, humor, or creative activities, there’s a book out there that will capture their imagination and provide a memorable reading experience.
From classic tales like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer to newer favorites like The Reindeer Wish, these books are perfect for young readers of all ages. And with coloring and craft books like The Littlest Reindeer’s Big Wish and The Naughtiest Reindeer, children can get creative and make their own holiday memories.
So, why not start a new holiday tradition and pick up one of these great reindeer books for your child today?