If you have a teenager, you know how crucial headphones are to them. They listen to music, watch movies, speak on the phone, and ignore you while doing so. Because teenagers are challenging, finding the ideal headphones for them might be tricky, and I know you want to make a great choice.
When it comes to finding the best headphones for teens, there are several key features to consider. Teens are often looking for headphones that can keep up with their dynamic lifestyle, whether it’s for taking phone calls, listening to their favorite songs, or immersing in video games.
A good headphone for this age group should balance quality and functionality, offering features like wireless and wired modes for versatility.
Firstly, consider headphones with soft ear cups and a comfortable fit, essential for long hours of use. Look for models with 40mm drivers or 40mm neodymium drivers, which provide a rich, clear sound.
Noise isolation is another important factor, especially for teens who might use their headphones in noisy environments or during road trips.
For teens who are gamers, a gaming headset with a built-in microphone and compatibility with various gaming platforms can be the best choice. These headsets often come with features tailored for gaming, like enhanced bass and sound clarity.
Connectivity is another crucial aspect. Many teens prefer wireless headphones for their convenience, but having an audio cable option is beneficial, especially if the headphones run out of battery.
Models that support Bluetooth mode are popular, as they easily connect to smartphones and other devices. For Apple users, headphones compatible with Apple products, like those that work with the Bose Connect app, are a plus.
Why Buy Headphones For Teens?
Before you go shopping for headphones, you should know why you should buy headphones for your teenager. Some of the benefits of buying headphones for your teen are:
- Privacy – Headphones are great for teens who want to have some privacy when listening to music or watching videos. They come with a noise cancelling feature that blocks out other noises, so your teen can enjoy their music without being disturbed by the noise around them.
- Focus – Teens are more likely to get distracted when they listen to music from speakers. Their focus might be pulled towards the music and away from what they are doing. Headphones help them stay focused on their work or studies.
- Ease of use – Speakers are a bit complicated for teens. They require wired connections to their devices and sometimes complicated adjustments for sound. With headphones, all you need is a single button to turn them on or off.
How To Choose The Best Headphones For Your Teenager
There are a few things you should consider when you want to buy the best headphones for your teenager.
Some of these things include:
- Compatibility – The first thing you should do is check the device compatibility of the headphones you want to buy. Make sure that the headphones you want to buy are compatible with your teenager’s device. If they are planning on using the headphones with their laptop, then they need a pair of wired headphones. If they want to use the headphones on their smartphone, then they need a pair of wireless headphones.
- Comfort- Another thing you should look for when buying the best headphones for your teenager is comfort. It can be very uncomfortable for your teenager to wear headphones for hours at a time. You can check for this by reading online reviews about the pair of headphones you want to buy.
- Noise cancellation – If your teenager is always in their room and you want to have some privacy, then noise cancelling headphones can be a great choice.
- Budget – You should always check your budget before buying anything. Headphones can vary a lot in terms of design, features and price. You can check reviews to see what features are available in your price range.
Best Headphones For Teens
This selection of the best headphones for adolescents includes well-known names as well as more budget-friendly options as well as those that cancel out loud noises and can help children focus while they study.
Depending on what your adolescent prefers to listen to, each set of headphones has something unique to offer.
You’ll note that we only included the best wireless headphones for teenagers on our list. For many young people, wired headphones are a thing of the past, especially since many phones no longer have a headphone socket.
This list of the best headphones below were chosen for their affordability, style, comfort, and pricing.
If you ask high school students, “What are the coolest headphones for teenagers?” they will most likely say Beats. Since the launching of the initial edition of this gadget in 2008, this brand has consistently ranked first among young children and teenagers It’s no surprise that Beats headphones are the most expensive headphones when compared to other manufacturers.
These stylish over-ear headphones with adjustable headband come in different colors and finishes. The sound quality is excellent, and the bass is quite strong. Pure Adaptive active noise cancellation does not totally remove all outside noises (which is an important thing for safety), but it does significantly reduce ambient noise.
You’ll enjoy 3 hours of gameplay after just 5 minutes of rapid charging. The playtime will be over 20 hours with a single charge. The gadgets unique features an Apple H1 chip, making it ideal for use with iPhones. For one-touch pairing, Android users need download the Beats app. Overall the Beats headphones are the best option, have the best audio quality and are great for young ears. My husband really likes the beats headphones too if you’re needing an adult gift idea!
Unique Aspects of Beats Solo3 Headphones:
- Apple W1 Chip Integration: Ensures seamless connectivity with Apple devices, offering quick pairing and a stable connection.
- 40-Hour Battery Life: Provides long-lasting use, ideal for busy teens without frequent access to charging.
- Fast Fuel Charging: Offers 3 hours of playback with just 5 minutes of charging, perfect for teens in a hurry.
One of Amazon’s most popular and best-selling headphones is the PowerLocus Over-Ear Headphones.
These are some of the best over-ear headphones for adolescents, with over 30,000 ratings and a 4.5 out of 5 star rating. They’re also reasonably priced.
These headphones offer the longest battery life of any on our list. Your adolescent will have plenty of time to stream, speak on the phone, and take virtual classes as a result of this.
These are the headphones to get if you’re a parent looking for the most economical headphones for your adolescent. There are a variety of colours to select from, and they sound great. These are the greatest headphones for tweens, out of this list of kids headphones due to their comfortable fit and audio quality.
Unique Aspects of PowerLocus Over-Ear Headphones:
- Bluetooth 5.0 Connectivity: Provides stable and quick pairing with devices, ideal for seamless music streaming and online interactions.
- Foldable and Portable Design: Makes them easy to carry and store, a convenient feature for teens on the move.
- Long Battery Life: Ensures extended listening sessions without the need for frequent charging, suitable for busy teen lifestyles.
These headphones are available in four different colours and are remarkably pleasant to use for lengthy periods of time. They have a foldable design, and you will receive a complimentary travel bag to store and transport them.
The sound quality is adequate, and you may tailor your listening experience by adjusting the sensory bass. The gadget features a noise-cancelling microphone and a noise-cancelling function to reduce background noise.
The Bluetooth range of these headphones, on the other hand, is barely 33 feet. Furthermore, you can only charge them using the USB cable that comes with them.
Skullcandy has a 40 hours of battery life on full charge. You may obtain 2 hours of listening time with just 10 minutes of quick charging. Please keep in mind that if you use the adjustable bass, the battery may deplete rapidly.
Unique Aspects of Skullcandy Crusher Headphones:
- Adjustable Sensory Bass: Allows users to control the level of bass, creating a personalized and immersive listening experience.
- Rapid Charge Technology: Provides hours of listening time with just a few minutes of charging, ideal for teens on the go.
- Noise Isolating Fit: Reduces external noise, focusing on clear and uninterrupted sound, perfect for immersive gaming and music experiences.
Riwbox WT-8S Bluetooth Headphones come in a variety of styles that your adolescent will like. Bluetooth connections wireless over-ear headphones are the most common kind, however some teenage girls and boys prefer corded headphones for certain gadgets.
The design of these headphones is foldable. As a result, their volume control is reduced, and they take up less room when being packed. They are also portable and lightweight, making them ideal for travel.
When worn, the lightweight design, along with the soft earmuffs, provide much-needed comfort.
Unique Aspects of Riwbox WT-8S Bluetooth Headphones:
- LED Light-Up Design: Features colorful, interactive LED lights on the sides, adding a playful and stylish element that appeals to teens.
- Bluetooth 5.0 Connectivity: Ensures a stable and quick wireless connection, convenient for seamless music streaming and online activities.
- Foldable and Portable: These headphones are easy to fold and carry, making them ideal for teens on the move.
I couldn’t have a list of headphones without include ear headphones by Bose in the best wireless headphones, just like AirPods. The best headphones for active teenagers are the Bose Sport Earbuds. This type is the most cost-effective and ideal for travelling adolescents who want to void background noise.
In comparison to the other earphones on our list, these are more compact. Despite their little size, they produce excellent sound quality.
The right earbud is the control, therefore removing it will cause the sound to pause. The Bose app may be used to adjust the control earbud setting.
There have been several concerns about how uncomfortable these headphones are. After wearing them for a long time, they may start to ache. They’re also not as loud as some of the other earphones on the list.
Unique Aspects of Bose Sport Earbuds:
- Secure and Comfortable Fit: Designed with StayHear Max tips that conform to the ear’s shape, ensuring the earbuds stay in place during active use.
- Sweat and Weather Resistance: Built to withstand tough workout conditions and outdoor activities.
- High-Quality Sound: Delivers clear, balanced audio, typical of Bose’s renowned sound engineering.
Apple AirPods are an unavoidable inclusion in any list of headphones. If there is one thing that Apple consumers agree on, it is that they enjoy using Apple goods. If your adolescent owns an iPhone, I’m virtually certain they’d like a set of AirPods.
I am unfamiliar with the functions of these headphones because I am not an Apple user. They have excellent reviews on Amazon, since Apple appears to be unable of making a bad product.
The nicest part about these headphones is that they were created specifically for iPhones, thus they are compatible with iOS software. With 1-tap technology, they connect instantly and let you to smoothly move between your Apple devices.
Unique Aspects of Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case:
- Wireless Charging Case: Offers easy and convenient charging without the need for cables.
- Seamless Integration with Apple Devices: Instantly connects to iPhones, iPads, and Macs, providing a fluid user experience.
- Automatic Ear Detection: Pauses and resumes playback when the AirPods are taken out or put back in the ears.
My best headphones for adolescents or adults with an Android mobile are the Samsung Galaxy Buds+. These are the headphones I have, and I adore them.
The battery life is excellent, with an average of 11 hours of use per charge. You can receive an extra 11 hours of charge time with the charging carry case, for a total of 22 hours of gaming. In addition, the rapid charging gives you an hour of play time after only three minutes of charging.
You can check each earbud’s battery life, which is important if you only use one earpiece. As if that weren’t enough, there’s also a locate option for tracking down misplaced earphones. Because the missing earbud will beep, it will be simpler to locate.
The option to change the ambient level is my favourite feature. It’s almost as if you can adjust the loudness around you, which takes noise cancellation to a whole new level.
These are the best headphones for teenagers in general. They are, in my opinion, the best overall earbuds for anyone using an Android devices who needs clear, clean, and sharp sound with proper volume levels that prevent hearing loss from loud music.
option for teens, known for their impressive sound quality and long battery life.
Unique Aspects of Samsung Galaxy Buds+:
- Dual-Driver Audio System: Delivers rich, high-quality sound with improved clarity and bass.
- Ambient Aware Feature: Allows users to control how much external noise they want to let in, useful for staying aware of surroundings.
- 11-hour Battery Life: Offers extended playtime, ideal for long days out or study sessions.
JLab GO Air Tones True Wireless Earbuds are a fantastic option for teens, especially those who prefer a discreet, minimalist design combined with the convenience of true wireless technology.
Unique Aspects of JLab GO Air Tones True Wireless Earbuds:
- Custom-Tuned Sound: Delivers a balanced and immersive audio experience, tailored to enhance music and media playback.
- True Wireless Design: Offers the ultimate freedom with no cords, making them highly convenient for active lifestyles.
- Compact and Lightweight: Extremely small and light, they are barely noticeable when worn, perfect for long listening sessions without discomfort.
Shokz OpenRun headphones are a top choice for active teens, especially those who prefer an open-ear listening experience.
Unique Aspects of Shokz OpenRun Headphones:
- Bone Conduction Technology: Delivers sound through the cheekbones, keeping the ears open to ambient sounds for increased awareness and safety.
- Lightweight and Comfortable Design: Designed to be worn comfortably for long periods, especially during physical activities.
- 8-Hour Battery Life: Provides reliable playtime for extended use, suitable for daily workouts or outdoor adventures.
1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones are an exceptional choice for teens, especially those who value detailed and high-fidelity sound in a compact form.
Unique Aspects of 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones:
- Triple Driver Technology: Features two balanced armatures and a separate dynamic driver, producing an incredibly accurate and detailed sound.
- Ergonomic Design: Designed for comfort, with angled ear fittings that naturally align with the ear canal for a snug and secure fit.
- In-Line Remote Control and Microphone: Allows for easy control of music and calls, adding convenience for on-the-go use.
The JBL Tune 500BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones are a superb choice for teens, offering a combination of JBL’s renowned sound quality and wireless convenience.
Unique Aspects of JBL Tune 500BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones:
- JBL Pure Bass Sound: Delivers powerful, deep bass that enhances the overall music listening experience.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Allows for easy wireless pairing with various devices, providing freedom of movement without cable constraints.
- Lightweight and Foldable Design: Makes them portable and easy to carry around, ideal for teens on the go.
The Sony WH-CH510 Wireless On-Ear Headphones are an excellent choice for teens, known for their lightweight design and exceptional wireless performance.
Unique Aspects of Sony WH-CH510 Wireless On-Ear Headphones:
- Long Battery Life: Offers up to 35 hours of playback, making them ideal for extended use without the need for constant recharging.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Enables easy wireless pairing with various devices, ensuring a hassle-free listening experience.
- Swivel Design: The ear cups swivel flat, making them compact and easy to store, a convenient feature for teens on the move.
Anker Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones are a fantastic choice for teens seeking a quieter listening environment, blending high-quality sound with effective noise cancellation. These headphones are ideal for focused study sessions or immersing in music, providing both isolation from external noise and a comfortable listening experience.
Unique Aspects of Anker Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones:
- Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation: Reduces ambient noise, allowing teens to focus on their music or studies without distractions.
- Hi-Res Audio Certification: Delivers exceptional sound quality, enhancing the listening experience with clarity and depth.
- 40-Hour Playtime: Offers long-lasting battery life, ideal for extended use without frequent charging.
Sennheiser HD 350BT Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones are an excellent choice for teens who appreciate high-fidelity sound and contemporary design. These headphones combine Sennheiser’s signature sound quality with the latest wireless technology, making them ideal for teens who want both style and performance in their audio experience.
Unique Aspects of Sennheiser HD 350BT Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones:
- Sennheiser Signature Sound: Offers a balanced, detailed sound experience, typical of Sennheiser’s high-quality audio engineering.
- Bluetooth 5.0 Technology: Ensures a stable and fast connection, along with low latency, which is great for watching videos and playing games.
- 30-Hour Battery Life: Provides long-lasting performance, perfect for extended listening sessions or multi-day use.
RUNOLIM Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
RUNOLIM Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones are a superb choice for teens looking for an immersive audio experience with the added benefit of noise cancellation.
Unique Aspects of RUNOLIM Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones:
- Advanced Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation: Effectively reduces ambient noise, allowing for a more focused listening experience in various environments.
- High-Quality Sound Performance: Delivers clear and balanced audio, enhancing the listening experience for music, videos, and calls.
- Long Battery Life with Fast Charging: Ensures extended usage and convenience, ideal for teens who are often on the move.
QearFun Headphones are a great choice for teens, especially for those who love a fun and colorful design coupled with functional features.
Unique Aspects of QearFun Headphones:
- Colorful and Playful Designs: Offered in a variety of bright colors and patterns, appealing to teens looking for stylish and unique headphones.
- Comfortable Fit: Designed with soft ear pads and an adjustable headband to ensure a comfortable listening experience, even during prolonged use.
- Built-In Microphone and Control Button: Allows for easy handling of calls and music playback, adding convenience for daily use.
ZIHNIC Bluetooth Headphones are an excellent option for teens, offering a combination of high-quality audio and wireless convenience.
Unique Aspects of ZIHNIC Bluetooth Headphones:
- Deep Bass and Clear Sound Quality: Delivers an immersive audio experience with crisp highs and rich bass, enhancing the enjoyment of music and media.
- Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity: Provides the freedom of wireless listening with a stable and easy-to-pair connection, suitable for a variety of devices.
- Long Battery Life: Ensures extended playback time, which is ideal for teens with active, on-the-go lifestyles.
PRTUKYT 6S Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are a great choice for teens, combining sleek design with modern wireless technology.
Unique Aspects of PRTUKYT 6S Wireless Bluetooth Headphones:
- High-Quality Stereo Sound: Offers a clear and balanced audio experience, enhancing the enjoyment of various media.
- Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity: Enables easy pairing with a range of devices, providing the convenience of cable-free listening.
- Long Battery Life: Ensures prolonged use without the need for frequent charging, suitable for busy teens.
The Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphones are a top-tier choice for those who prioritize both comfort and sound quality. They offer advanced noise canceling technology, ensuring a peaceful listening environment. Perfect for long commutes or tranquil relaxation, these headphones boast high-fidelity audio and a plush design for extended wear without discomfort.
The Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds are designed for the audiophile on the go. Offering a harmonious blend of noise-cancellation and crisp, detailed sound, they provide a premium wireless listening experience. Their sleek design and secure fit make them an excellent choice for active lifestyles, ensuring uninterrupted, high-quality audio no matter the setting.
The iJoy Bluetooth Foldable Headphones are the quintessential travel companion for music lovers. Combining portability with dynamic sound quality, these headphones are both foldable and affordable. They are ideal for those who need a reliable, easy-to-carry audio solution without compromising on sound.
Tuinyo Bluetooth Headphones offer a vibrant and versatile listening experience, blending style with functionality. With a comfortable over-ear design and intuitive controls, these headphones provide a seamless audio experience for all-day listening. They are a fantastic budget-friendly option for users who seek quality without a hefty price tag.
The Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones are a testament to Sony’s commitment to superior sound quality and cutting-edge noise cancellation technology. These headphones deliver an immersive listening experience, perfect for audiophiles seeking to lose themselves in music. With smart features and a sleek design, they represent the pinnacle of personal audio technology.
The Sony WH-1000XM5 builds upon its predecessor’s legacy, offering an even more refined audio experience. With state-of-the-art noise cancellation, crystal-clear sound, and a sleek, modern design, these headphones are for those who accept nothing but the best in their auditory journey.
The Sony WF-C700N earbuds are a compact and convenient audio solution, offering Sony’s renowned sound quality in a wireless, in-ear format. Ideal for busy commuters or fitness enthusiasts, these earbuds provide a secure, comfortable fit and reliable sound quality, making them a practical choice for everyday use.
The Earfun Air Pro 3 earbuds are all about delivering an exceptional audio experience in a tiny package. These earbuds are perfect for those who are always on the move, offering robust sound quality, a secure fit, and a durable design that stands up to the rigors of daily life.
The SoundMAGIC E11BT combines affordability with performance, offering a balanced and immersive sound experience. These earbuds are designed for the discerning listener who seeks reliable audio performance without breaking the bank. With a comfortable fit and durable design, they are a great option for everyday listening.
What To Look For In The Best Headphones For Teens’?
When you are looking for the best headphones for teens, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are a few features you should look for:
- Wired or wireless – You should first decide whether you want wired or wireless headphones for your teenager.
- Sound quality – You want the best headphones for teens to have the best sound quality. This way, they can enjoy their favourite music or shows even more.
- Design – The design of headphones can be important for your teenager. They might want to choose a pair of headphones that has a design they like. You can also choose a pair of headphones that goes with their style. – Noise cancellation
- You can choose a pair of headphones that has noise cancellation if you want to have some privacy in your room. – Battery life – If you choose a pair of wireless headphones, then you should check their battery life too.
Wireless Or Bluetooth Headphones For Teens
If your teenager prefers to use wireless headphones, then that’s great. You don’t have to worry about managing the wires and they will be able to use them anywhere they go.
However, wireless headphones do come with a few disadvantages. One such disadvantage is that they might not have as good sound quality as Bluetooth headphones with a wired connection.
Another thing to keep in mind is that wireless headphones can run out of battery and they cannot be used when they are charging.
Bluetooth headphones, on the other hand, can be connected to your device even when they are charging. When you are out shopping for headphones for your teenager, you should consider all these things.
With the right pair of headphones, they can listen to music and videos without disturbing anyone else. In fact, they can even use them for gaming and online calls.
Volume Limiting Explained
When it comes to specifications, the first thing to look for when purchasing children’s headphones is the presence of a volume limitation. For young listeners, the World Health Organization advises an 85dB-limited volume range, which is supported by both the Hearing Health Foundation and the US OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administrator).
While the majority of our listed children’s headphones have ear-friendly 85dB limiters, a couple have higher 94dB limiters. This louder option is useful while travelling because the headphones must fight with a higher level of ambient noise (trains, planes and automobiles).
These volume restrictions are in place for a reason: to protect baby lugholes. Take them seriously.
How Does Noise Cause Hearing Loss?
The outer ear, middle ear, and inner ear work together to process sounds. The cochlea, a part of the inner ear, comprises microscopic hair cells. These hair cells aid in the transmission of sound messages to the brain. Loud noises can harm hair cells. When this happens, the cochlea is unable to transfer sound messages to the brain.
Inner ear injuries, unlike damage to other parts of your body, never recovers. Your hearing will deteriorate over time as more and more hair cells are damaged.
Signs Of Hearing Problems
Noise-induced hearing loss caused by earbuds usually takes time. As a result, many people are unaware they have a problem until it is too late.
Hearing loss symptoms include:
- ringing, buzzing, or roaring in the ears after hearing a loud noise sound muffling
- Call your doctor if you suspect you have hearing loss. The doctor may evaluate you and refer you to an audiologist, who is trained to test your hearing. The audiologist can also address your inquiries concerning earbuds and hearing protection.
The Right Way To Use Earbuds
Noise-induced hearing loss caused by earbuds is completely avoidable if you don’t use them for too long or too loudly.
The 60 percent/60-minute rule is recommended by doctors:
- Listen to music, watch a movie, or play a video game at no more than 60% of maximum volume.
- Limit your time spent with earbuds in your ears to 60 minutes.
Another method for determining whether your earbuds are at a safe volume is as follows: Inquire whether those sitting nearby can hear your music. If they can, it indicates that your hearing is being harmed. Reduce the volume till no one else can hear it.
Keep in mind that listening to music at a high volume can cause you to lose track of what’s going on around you. This raises the likelihood of an accident. When you’re running on a bike path, for example, it’s difficult to hear a cyclist yell, “Heads up!” since your music drowns out all other sounds.
What Else Makes A Great Pair Of Kid’s Headphones?
Bluetooth is typical on all but the most basic children’s headphones, and in many cases, battery life matches or even exceeds that of adult cans (since Active Noise Cancelling isn’t available in the classroom).
If your child has a destructive nature, it may be advisable to avoid the more expensive Bluetooth versions for the time being and opt for something less expensive and wired. We’ve also got you covered there.
If you have two kids, opt for headphones with a buddy pairing mode so they can watch Spongebob together.
If your child conducts video homeschooling, spends time FaceTiming friends or relatives, or is an enthusiastic gamer, you’ll also need headphones with a built-in microphone.
Headphones For Teens Bottom Line
When shopping for teen headphones, keep the following elements in mind: pricing, design, good sound quality, comfort, and battery life. Teens also love products that have bluetooth connectivity and work well with their cell phones whether they have android phones or iphones.
They should be especially well-suited to the teen’s preferred genre of music (rap, house, pop and so on) because you wouldn’t want to get the wrong style for the music lovers in your life. A high quality, noise reduction headphone with a comfortable fit is an ideal choice. Many teens also love the samsung galaxy buds, if they use them for running or studying in the library.
Aside from practical duties, keep in mind that this item enhances its owner’s social standing and should complement the teen’s overall style. As a result, it’s a good idea to check with the boy or girl before purchasing headphones for them.
Which Headphones Are Good For Teenagers?
The best headphones for teenagers are those that are safe, comfy, fashionable, and capable of producing high-quality sound. Make careful to inquire about the teen’s preferences: wireless charging may be quite significant to some, while deep bass may be more vital to others.
Why Do Teenagers Always Wear Headphones?
Music is an important aspect of the younger generation’s culture, and teen headphones are an important part of their self-identification. It’s critical for both boys and girls to emphasise their sense of belonging to a fashionable society.
Do Teens Prefer Earbuds Or Full Headphones?
Everyone is different. You should ask your teen which type of headphones they would like before going out to buy them a pair!
Are Wireless Earbuds Safe For Teenagers?
For children, the WHO advises a loudness level of no more than 85 decibels. Consider that the average face-to-face discussion registers at roughly 60 decibels (dB).
More On Raising Teens
- Mother And Teenage Son Activities
- 7 Best Teenage Parenting Blogs
- Best Electric Skateboard For Kids
- Camping Gift Ideas For Kids That Are Outdoorsy
- Headphone Usage and Health Risks: Headphone usage among young adults is common, and certain types of headphones can be more effective in limiting background noise. There is a correlation between preferred listening levels and health risk behaviors, including higher alcohol and marijuana use associated with higher listening levels, although the type of headphones used is not directly linked to these variables (Parsons, Reed, & Torre, 2019).
- Hearing Impairment Risks: There is a high prevalence of subclinical hearing loss among young adults who frequently use headphones. This suggests a need for awareness regarding the potential harm of prolonged headphone usage (Gupta, Bakshi, & Kakkar, 2022).
- Patterns of Earphone Use: A significant number of adolescents and young adults experience hearing problems and exhibit risky behaviors, such as listening at high volumes or for extended periods, which could lead to hearing impairments. The use of earphones in noisy environments increases the risk of hearing loss (Ansari & Mohammadpoorasl, 2016).
- Impact on Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response: Prolonged headphone usage can negatively influence brainstem auditory evoked potentials, which might indicate early signs of hearing loss. However, the effect does not significantly differ between genders (Latha, Priyadharshini, Jayamala, & Shyamala, 2020).
- Hearing Threshold in Adolescents: The use of personal music players is linked to elevated hearing thresholds in adolescents, especially for those who use them for long periods and prefer earphones. This suggests a need for guidelines on safe usage to prevent hearing loss (Kim et al., 2009).
- Safety and Academic Performance: There is a concern regarding the use of headphones as a potential cause of early hearing loss, reduced environmental awareness, and possible negative impact on academic performance among college students. Awareness and caution in usage are recommended (Fasanya & Strong, 2018).
- Earphone Usage in Noisy Environments: Adolescents who use earphones in noisy environments are at a higher risk of hearing loss. Prolonged usage, especially more than 80 minutes per day in noisy conditions, can significantly increase this risk (Byeon, 2021).