Welcoming a new member to your family is a momentous occasion that brings immense joy and happiness. As a parent, you want to create the perfect space for your little one, starting with the nursery. While selecting furniture for the nursery, it is important to consider the needs of all family members, including tall parents.
One of the most essential pieces of furniture in a nursery is the glider, which provides a comfortable and soothing place for parents to rock their baby to sleep. However, finding the best nursery glider for tall parents can be a challenge.
With so many options available in the market, it can be difficult to know which glider will accommodate the height of a tall parent. In this blog post, we will discuss the key features to consider when selecting a nursery glider for tall parents and highlight the top glider options available.
Key Features to Consider When Selecting a Nursery Glider for Tall Parents
When selecting a nursery glider for tall parents, there are several key features to consider that can make a big difference in your comfort level during feeding and bonding times with your little one. Here are some key features to keep in mind:
- Seat Height: A higher seat height can provide better access for taller parents and make it easier to get in and out of the glider.
- Seat Depth: A deeper seat can provide more space for taller parents, ensuring they have enough room to comfortably rest their legs.
- Backrest Height: A higher backrest can provide better support for taller parents, especially when sitting upright for long periods during bedtime stories or night feedings.
- Armrest Height: Taller parents may prefer higher armrests that provide adequate support for their arms and shoulders.
- Recline Options: A glider that can recline can provide added comfort for both parent and baby, and allow for a variety of feeding positions.
- Lumbar Pillow and/or Supportive Spring Core Foam: Lumbar support can be especially important for taller parents who may experience lower back pain. Supportive spring core foam can also provide added comfort and prevent sagging over time.
- Storage Pockets: Side pockets or a storage pouch can be a great feature for storing essentials like burp cloths, pacifiers, and books for bedtime stories.
- Matching Ottoman: A glider with a matching ottoman can provide extra support for taller parents and ensure a comfortable place to rest their feet during feedings.
- Smooth Gliding Motion: A glider with ball bearings or a metal base can provide a smooth gliding motion, making it easier for tall parents to gently rock their little one to sleep.
- Size: Consider the size of your nursery and the amount of space you have available. Some gliders are designed for smaller spaces, while others require extra room.
By keeping these key features in mind, you can find the best nursery glider for tall parents that is the perfect fit for you and your baby’s nursery. In the next section, we will highlight the top glider options available on the market today.
Top Nursery Glider Options for Tall Parents
When it comes to finding the perfect nursery glider for tall parents, there are many great options available on the market today. Here are some top picks:
- Dutailier Sleigh Glider: This glider has a locking mechanism that allows for a stationary position, and also features a smooth, rhythmic motion. With a solid wooden frame and included ottoman, it’s a great addition to any living room or baby’s room. Available in a variety of different colors.
- DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider: This glider offers a deep seat and a 360-degree swivel motion, making it an excellent choice for taller parents who plan to spend a lot of time in the chair. It also comes with a gliding ottoman for added comfort during feeding and bonding times.
- Pottery Barn Kids Comfort Swivel Glider & Recliner: With a higher back and plenty of room to stretch out, this glider offers excellent back support and is a great option for taller moms and dads. It also has a comfortable seat cushion and can recline for added comfort during bedtime stories or night feedings.
- Babyletto Kiwi Glider Recliner: This glider features a high backrest and a supportive spring core foam seat, making it a great choice for tall parents who need extra support. It also has a reclining function and a built-in USB charging port, making it a convenient and practical addition to any nursery.
- Storkcraft Tuscany Custom Glider and Ottoman: This glider offers a variety of customization options, including different colors and patterns, making it easy to find the perfect fit for your nursery. With a sturdy wooden frame and comfortable cushions, it’s a great choice for new moms and dads who need a comfortable place to bond with their little one.
Ultimately, the right glider for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. However, these top nursery glider options for tall parents are a great place to start your search and find the perfect addition to your baby’s nursery.
Pros and Cons of Each Option
|Dutailier Sleigh Glider||– Ergonomic design for comfortable nursing- Multiple recline positions and locking mechanism- Smooth gliding motion- Available in multiple colors||– Can be pricey- Some tall parents may find the glider too short|
|Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider||– Sleek modern design- Greenguard Gold certified for low chemical emissions- High backrest and deep seat for added comfort- 360-degree swivel motion||– Some parents may not like the modern look- Gliding motion may not be as smooth as other options|
|DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider||– Plush seat and backrest for added comfort- Gliding ottoman included- Available in multiple colors- Greenguard Gold certified for low chemical emissions||– Some tall parents may find the glider too short- Some parents may find the seat cushion too firm|
|Delta Children Blair Slim Nursery Glider||– Perfect for small nurseries or living spaces- Reasonably priced- Comfy cushions and armrests- Available in multiple colors||– Gliding motion may not be as smooth as other options- Weight limit of 250 lbs. may be too low for some parents|
|Storkcraft Tuscany Custom Glider and Ottoman||– Solid wood construction- Multiple recline positions and locking mechanism- Extra support for the lower back- Plenty of room for taller parents- Available in multiple colors||– Some parents may find the cushioning too firm- Some assembly required- Gliding motion may not be as smooth as other options|
Selecting the best nursery glider for tall parents requires careful consideration of several key factors, including comfort level, size and space, the presence of additional features such as an included ottoman, and the quality of construction.
When choosing a glider, it’s essential to think about how much time you will be spending in it and whether it will be comfortable enough for long periods. Additionally, it’s essential to look for features that make the chair ideal for feeding time, such as the ability to rock and glide smoothly in an upright position with comfortable armrests.
With the list of top picks and the pros and cons provided, we hope that this guide helps you find the best nursery chair for you and your baby’s needs. A comfortable and supportive glider chair can be a great addition to any nursery and provide a perfect place to bond and spend quality time with your little one.
How do I choose a nursery glider?
When choosing a nursery glider, consider factors like comfort, size, durability, and aesthetics. Look for padded and supportive cushions, a smooth gliding motion, and a locking mechanism. Test the glider in-store if possible and read reviews. Opt for easy-to-clean fabrics and ensure it fits well within your nursery space.
Is a glider necessary for a nursery?
A glider is not absolutely necessary for a nursery, but it can be a valuable addition. Gliders provide a comfortable and soothing spot for feeding, rocking, and bonding with your baby. They offer a gentle motion that can help calm infants and provide a relaxing environment for parents during late-night feedings.
Are swivel gliders comfortable?
Swivel gliders can be comfortable for many people. They offer the added benefit of a 360-degree swivel motion, allowing you to turn in any direction without moving the entire chair. Comfort levels can vary based on the chair’s design, padding, and individual preferences. Testing the chair before purchasing is recommended.
What is the best glider for big parents?
The best glider for big parents would have a spacious seat, sturdy construction, and a high weight capacity. Look for gliders with wide and deep seats, strong frames, and durable cushions. Some gliders designed for larger individuals or with weight capacities of 300 pounds or more may suit big parents well.
What is the difference between a glider and a swivel glider?
A glider and a swivel glider are both types of chairs used in nurseries or living spaces, but they differ in motion capabilities. A glider moves back and forth in a smooth rocking motion, while a swivel glider can rotate 360 degrees in addition to the rocking motion.
What is the most efficient glider wing shape?
The most efficient glider wing shape is typically an airfoil with a curved upper surface and a flatter lower surface. This design generates lift by creating a pressure difference between the upper and lower surfaces as air flows over the wing, allowing the glider to stay aloft with minimal drag.