Affirmations and words of encouragement that helped me teach my kids how to be confident in themselves! These affirmations can help your kids with a more positive self-image and help them find more happiness in their daily lives.
Positive thinking is a great tool for improving your health, managing stress, overcoming obstacles, having a positive outlook and making better decisions.
I despised the fact that even as a small child, my kids were telling themselves “I can’t” or I’m not good enough. That kind of negative self-talk makes the hard things even harder.
When I found morning affirmations, our whole world changed. Instead of using words like “I can’t,” positive affirmations for kids teach us to use words like “I can,” which empower and inspire us to see and do amazing things.
We can calm the negative beliefs by modifying the words we tell ourselves, and as a result, we talk to ourselves in a more positive way because our inner voice matters the most to us on our bad days and good.
Positive affirmations are a habit of pulling us up rather than bringing down our mental health and causing negative thinking.
According to studies, our thoughts might be up to 70% negative on average. To make matters worse, we have the same negative thinking over and over, day after day.
See this list of positive affirmations for young children to help encourage positive feelings and see a positive change and boost self-esteem, which leads to overall happy children.
See also: How To Spend Quality Time With Kids
What Are Words Of Affirmation For Kids
Words of affirmation for kids are positive words that kids can say to themselves or out loud which can help them gain confidence and help them see themselves in a more positive light.
If you’ve ever negatively talked to yourself, then positive affirmations are a must-have in your life.
Here are some examples of negative thoughts:
- “I’m not good enough; I’ll never be able to do this”
- “Bob is way smarter than me; I’m dumb”
- “Ugh, I’m such a loser, why do I keep doing this?”
Many of us have negative thoughts like this. When we think like this, our confidence, outlook, and mood can be negative also.
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you overcome those negative thoughts.
The more you repeat your affirmations, the more you’ll believe them.
The more you believe them, the more likely it is that they will come true.
This kind of positive thinking is such a powerful tool.
It really can improve your health and help you overcome challenges and even assist in the making of better choices.
Everyone can benefit from positive thinking skills, but children, especially.
The idea of changing your mindset/thinking skills is to start gaining more control over your thoughts and your actions.
Positive thinking starts with the inner voice, and using a positive tone with positive words inside your own head is the starting point of a successful pathway in life.
Affirmations for kids help with that kind of mindset.
Children could use a more positive mindset in their lives so that they can learn to believe in themselves and work towards their goals.
List Of Affirmations For Kids
- All of my problems have solutions.
- Today I am a leader.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes.
- My challenges help me grow.
- I have people who love and respect me.
- I stand up for what I believe in.
- There is no one better to be than myself.
- I am enough.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- My mistakes help me learn and grow.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I have courage and confidence.
- I can control my own happiness.
- Today I choose to think positive.
- I can get through anything.
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- I give myself permission to make choices.
- I can do better next time.
- I have everything I need right now.
- I am capable of so much.
- I get better every single day.
- I am an amazing person.
- I believe in my goals and dreams.
- It’s okay not to know everything.
- Everything will be okay.
- I believe in myself.
- I am proud of myself.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I am free to make my own choices.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I can make a difference.
- Today I choose to be confident.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I matter.
- My confidence grows when I step outside of my comfort zone.
- My positive thoughts create positive feelings.
- I am smart.
- I choose my own attitude.
- I am important.
- I am becoming the best version of myself.
- Today I will spread positivity.
- The more I let it go, the better I will feel.
- Today I will walk through my fears.
- I am open and ready to learn.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- If I fall, I will get back up again.
- I am whole.
- I only compare myself to myself.
- I have the power to make my dreams true.
- I believe in myself and my abilities.
- Good things are going to come to me.
- I can do anything.
- It is enough to do my best.
- I can be anything I want to be.
- I accept who I am.
- I can live in the moment.
- I start with a positive mindset.
- Anything is possible.
- I radiate positive energy.
- Today is going to be an awesome day.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- I am making the right choices.
- I surround myself with positive people.
- I am a product of my decisions.
- I am strong and determined.
- Today is going to be my day.
- I have inner beauty.
- I have inner strength.
- No matter how hard it is, I can do it.
- Wonderful things are going to happen to me.
- I can take deep breaths.
- With every breath, I feel stronger.
- I am an original.
- I deserve all good things.
- My success is just around the corner.
- I give myself permission to make mistakes.
- I am thankful for today.
- I strive to do my best every day.
- I’m going to push through.
- I’ve got this.
- I can take it one step at a time.
- I’m working at my own pace.
- I’m going to take a chance.
- Today I am going to shine.
- I am going to get through this.
- I’m choosing to have an amazing day.
- I am in control of my emotions.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I am calm and relaxed.
- I am working on myself.
- I’m prepared to succeed.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- Everything is fine.
- My voice matters.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I am building my future.
- I choose to think positively.
- My happiness is up to me.
- I’m starting a new chapter today.
- I trust in my decisions.
- I can change the world.
How Kids Can Use Positive Affirmations
You can help your child with positive affirmations in their daily lives by incorporating them into your routines, and even using affirmation cards in front of the mirror. Here are a few more ideas on how you can use this positive affirmation list to make a positive impact in your life.
Believe in them yourself
Try to let go of any negative biases you may have in your life, especially any towards your children. Show a positive attitude to your kids when you wake up in the morning.
Really soak up the good in your children and create a buffer between negative thoughts and actions.
Stick a list of words of affirmation on the mirror
Help your child remember their favorite positive affirmations by writing them on a sticky note and putting them in the mirror.
Your child will see beyond their appearance and read their affirmations in front of a mirror on a daily basis which helps build a strong character. This method works well for those one-word affirmations for that positive energy.
Use reflective questions
You can use a story from a book to help your child emphasize with the characters and put them in the character’s shoes.
Ask your child if the story could change if the character had a more positive mindset in the story. Then you can discuss the I am positive affirmations (how the affirmations can be applied to your little one.)
Print out affirmations for children and put them in a frame
A super simple way to incorporate positive thoughts and affirmations into your children’s life is by printing out your favorite affirmations and framing them in your children’s bedroom and throughout the house.
The sky really is the limit on how you can use these I am statements about yourself and your children in your home.
Make daily affirmations and positive self-talk a habit and part of your routine, regardless of how you plan to perform them.
Affirmations For Kids Bottom Line
We are only now beginning to understand the incredible benefits of establishing good, helpful positive phrases and thought patterns. Self-talk that is uplifting and encouraging leads to a more happy day… This results in a more positive year… and a more happy existence!
It’s not simple to form new habits, but you can totally get through this new challenge.